Welcome to Riverside Academy’s Performance Training program. A vital component of our overall athletic program, our performance training program serves to improve the overall strength, conditioning, athleticism and toughness of every athlete at Riverside. Our performance training program is designed to meet the needs of every student-athlete at our school, male and female, in-season and off-season. A personalized strength program is written by our strength and conditioning staff and adhered to by each student-athlete all year round. Our student-athletes train in a first-class facility with the very best equipment under the direction of Coach Jonathan Reed.
Riverside Academy Performance Training:
- Our Performance Training Program is founded on the 3 pillars of Success. Leadership, Work Ethic, Toughness
- Leadership is defined as the action of leading a group of people or an organization.
- Work Ethic is defined as the principle that hard work is intrinsically virtuous or worthy of reward.
- Toughness is defined as doing what it takes no matter how you feel.
- Our athletic teams compete at the highest level in all of our sports we offer
- Our student-athletes train together as an “athletic department” instead of segregated by sport or gender
- Training includes endurance, agility, strength, conditioning, interval, circuit and others
- Our kids are encouraged and allowed to participate in multiple sports due to the fact that our program takes place during the school day and does not interfere with after school activities
- Student-athletes at Riverside Academy are truly invested in each other’s success. Our teams train together and that helps to foster an atmosphere of cohesion among our athletic programs
- Student-athletes are educated in many aspects of the overall athletic experience, such as nutrition, active recovery, sleep, academic requirements for participation in both high school and collegiate athletics and many more topics